The Church of the Nativity of the mother of God


Церковь Рождества Божией Матери, Клишино, МО

The history

The Church of the Nativity of the mother of God is one of the ancient churches of Ozerskiy deanery. It was first mentioned in historical and statistical description of churches and monasteries of Ryazan diocese. “Klishino village, the church of the Nativity of the mother of God, 22 miles from Zaraysk”. Klishino , as a waste area, was in Maslov’s patrimony. The stone church with the outhouse in honor of All saints was built in 1748.

The church was stone, the five-domed. The main outhouse was in the summer part consecrated in honor of the Nativity of the Mother of God. There is an alter in the narthex consecrated in honor of All saints. There were wall paintings. There is information about the priests. From 1835 to 1879 the rector of the church was the priest Iliya Fedorovich Okounkov. And from 1879 the priest Michael Prokofievich Sardanovski. The last priest Sergei Pokrovsky was arrested before the closure of the church in 1926.

In 1930s the church was closed and wanted to blow up. But the people of the village prevented to do it. Some time the church was used as a warehouse and a market. Then it was in desolation and destroyed. In 1998 the church was returned to Russian Orthodox Church. In a year the restoration started.

There are services from November, 2000 .

(c) Official website –


Posted: 19.03.2015


Category: Uncategorized